General Athletic Information
Oakbrook Middle School is proud to offer an athletic program, which we believe is an essential part of the total educational process, with three primary goals for our student-athletes:
- to develop cognitive and social-emotional skills that help them work cooperatively with others,
- to develop and improve personal sport skills and knowledge, and
- to be actively involved in enjoyable (fun) athletic experiences.
Our athletic program consists of the following sports for 7th and 8th grade students:
- Our athletic program is a member of the South Carolina High School League and as such, all participants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- All participants in the league must have been promoted from the previous year, not placed. (Students who pass all core and high school credit classes during the first semester of the year may be eligible for sports that start after the second semester begins.) All participants must remain in good standing during athletic participation, which includes passing all subjects. Student-athletes with discipline issues will be handled on a case-by-case basis. School suspensions may result in suspension from playing.
- Participants must not have turned 15 prior to July 1, 2019.
- Oakbrook Athletic Department must have received and approved the following items via planeths.com before a student may participate in any try-out, practice or activity:
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation History Form;
- Current Physical Examination Form;
- Parent Permission Form;
- Concussion Information Form; and
- Birth Certificate.
- All forms must be properly completed and submitted via www.planeths.com (Please refer to the back of this handout for instructions on how to register for an account via text).
- Insurance coverage is available through Bollinger Specialty Group (com).
- For more information or to access the above mentioned forms, please visit our website: