If you would like to be a member of our PTA executive board, or would like to nominate someone to be a board member, please email Heather Watts with the following information: name of nominee, phone number, email, and position of interest. Thank you for supporting our PTA. Please submit names by May 29th.
Heather Watts contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-695-2450.
Below is the list of the positions that we will be filling for our WRES PTA Board with position responsibilities.
- Chair all meetings of the PTA board and general PTA meetings
- Attend PTA trainings and represent the PTA unit at school district meetings
- Develop a calendar including dates of specific events. Include deadlines for reports, elections, awards applications and local, state, and national meetings.
- Plan with the principal and PTA board the goals for the work of the PTA and the programs for the coming school year.
- Lead the operations of the PTA unit in conjunction with the board
Vice President: (Can have two – Vice and Second Vice Pres.)
- Performing specific duties as provided for in bylaws (such as programs, membership, fundraising, etc.)
- Assuming responsibility for duties as provided for in the bylaws
- Representing the president in his/her absence or upon request at meetings, events
- Records minutes of PTA meetings, with special attention given to motions and action taken
- Maintains the records of the organization
- Sends out notices of meetings and other correspondence
- Maintains the financial records of the organization in accordance with PTA financial guidelines and the IRS
- Presents monthly financial reports of income and expenditures at all board meeting
- Manages the collecting and depositing funds of the PTA
- Prepares the budget with the president and other board members
- Writes checks for expenditures in accordance with the budget and approval of the board
- Oversees the year-end audit of the PTA account
2019-2020 PTA Board
President - Summer Peacher
Vice President - Candace Howze
Treasurer - Kathryn LaCoss
Secretary - Allysa Browning
Membership Coordinator - Cynthia Kozey
Reflections Chair - Sarah Carroll
Special Committees Coordinator- Jennifer DeCosta
Special Committees Coordinator - Fallon Lawson
Special Committees Coordinator - Rochelle Saxon