New information for parents and students:
Closure Plan for Students:
Locker Clean Out and Library Book Return:
- Students may go in to collect items from their lockers on the designated day by last name.
- We will have multiple days for students to clean out lockers, drop off necessary items that need to be collected and continue to drop off completed work.
STUDENTS ARE TO COME TO SCHOOL ON DAYS DESIGNATED BY LAST NAME
(example, Smith can come on May 19)
- Report to the Bus Ramp only!
- Parking available on the field next to the baseball field.
- Only students can enter the school.
Hours of operation: 3PM- 7PM
- May 12 A,B,C,D
- May 13 E,F,G,H
- May 14 I,J,K,L
- May 15 M,N,O,P
- May 19 Q,R,S,T
- May 20 U,V,W,X,Y,Z
Bus Ramp Area Drop Offs:
- Library Books
- Sports Uniform Turn-in
- Completed Assignment Turn-in
Textbook Turn in Fundraisers and Yearbooks:
- Textbooks may be turned in on May 27 at the bus ramp of the school
- Band detergent fundraiser distribution
- Autism T-Shirt Distribution
- Yearbooks will be distributed at the bus ramp of the school, date TBD.
Degrees and Certifications:
Masters of Education in Leadership, Law & Ethics (expected finish date October 2020) Bachelors of Sciences in Special Education for Grades Pre-K - 12th (earned from SUNY Plattsburgh) Specialized Endorsements in Behavior/Emotional, Learning Disabilities, Mild/Moderate Disabilities & Autism Minor Degree (Bachelor's) in European History AAS in Humanities and Social Sciences ASL (American Sign Language) Certification TESOL 120-hours Certification
Mrs. Emma (Ragan) Loggins
The 2019-2020 school year may only be my second year at OMS, but it is my 24th year teaching! I look forward to being part of the OMS family for many years to come. This is only my third year in South Carolina, so I am still new to the Summerville area. My first year in South Carolina I taught at Garrett Academy High School in CCSD which sadly is closing it's doors this year.
I have taught every setting that has ever existed in Special Education from Pre-K through 12th grade in many locations, including foreign countries for foreign governments (for example the Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Astana, Kazakhstan which is an International Baccalaureate Program school).
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any further questions about my background, experience, languages spoken, or the teaching theories utilized within my classroom. I have uploaded a copy of the parent letter that was sent home with your student during the first week of school (just in case you did not receive yours, dear parents). I am looking forward to another super busy and super terrific year with your scholar!
"[Kids] don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are." ― Jim Henson