Supporting Your Children at Home During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The American School Counseling Association encourages parents
- To Limit Your Child's Exposure to Media
- Provide a Calming Presence as Needed
- Help Children Address their Fears
Additionally, we encourage all Parents too:
- Monitor your Child's Social Media (if applicable)
- Limit and Monitor what they are watching on TV, Movies, Video Games.
The mission of Rollings Middle School of the Arts School Counseling Department is to provide all students with academic, social, and career support as they prepare to transition to higher education and the world of work.
RMSA School Counseling Vision Statement: The School Counselor will help provide an atmosphere of support and encouragement as students work to reach their fullest educational potential in the areas of academic, career, and personal development. The School Counselor will also commit to establish a solid foundation as students successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
RMSA School Counseling Belief Statements:
1. WE believe that ALL students can learn and achieve academic greatness when encouraged and nurtured in a respectful environment.
2. WE believe that nurturing ALL students social and emotional well-being will encourage academic development and future success
3. WE believe the school counselorâ€™s role is to provide a data driven, developmental counseling program to meet the needs of ALL students through a guidance curriculum, individual student planning, responsive services, and system support.
4. The school counseling program will promote the following: an understanding of and respect of self and others; problem-solving and decision-making; emotional-management skills; skills for learning; and the influence of academic habits on career success.