Public Information Office
What We Do
COMMUNITY & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Press Releases
- Manage crisis communications
- Maintain and manage media relations
- Coordinating media coverage of district and school events
- Serve as district liaison with community groups such as the Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Develops and arranges for School Highlights at meetings of the Board of Trustees
- Information station for the school district—answering public and new resident requests for information
- Oversee meetings of district liaison groups—parent, faculty, classified employees, and student—including writing and sending out minutes of these meetings.
- Serve as liaison with community groups for special events such as Day of Caring workday.
- Manage and organize special community outreach initiatives
- Coordinate school media liaisons
- Coordinate and organize community meetings and focus groups for two-way communication with the school district
- Coordinate Teacher Forum
- Coordinate distributing information on state and local awards programs—State Department of Education Volunteer of the Year Awards, School Red Carpet Awards Program, etc.
- Create and disseminate official reports on the district such as the state of the district and report card reporting as required by law
- District Fact Sheet and Profile and other materials for district information packets
- District Parent/Student Handbook
- Website: Manage the editorial content of the district website
- Monthly District Calendar of Events
- Annual District Calendar for schools and the general public
- Staff Planning Calendar
SPECIAL EVENTS & PROGRAMS
Recognition Events (organize & coordinate)
- School Board Appreciation Month
- Business Partner Recognition Month
- Volunteer recognition week, etc.
- Employee retirement reception and celebration
- Academic Awards Program for high school students
- Guidance Counselor of the Year program
- Classified Employee of the Year program
- District volunteer program
- District Partners in Education program (business partners)
- Senior Citizens Privilege Program
- Teacher of the Year program and celebration (May) —organize and oversee the district selection process