Hello! The materials listed to the left for the month of May are optional.
You can submit them to me if you want your student to receive “extra credit” or if your student was missing any classwork previous to COVID-19 leave.
Please know that I am here for you and I can help create or provide you with materials to help students continue learning and strengthening their ELA skills.
Class Name: Honors 1
Teacher’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Weekdays at 10am-11am and 2pm-3pm
Assignments for the week(s) of April 3-10 and April 20-30, 2020 (No assignments for April 11-19 Spring Break).
Required Work and Recommended Date to Complete and Turn In: Write answers on your own paper OR print the worksheets off. Take a picture and/or create a PDF of answers and email me at email@example.com
· Irony Worksheet – April 3rd
· Jacob the Great- April 6th-8th
· Honey Badger- April 9th- April 10th
· Active Passive Voice- April 20th-April 24th
· Koko- April 27th and April 28th
· Zombie 5K- April 29th and April 30th
· RJ Culminating Activity (Turn in on Microsoft Teams OR email to me)- Due May 5
Supplementary Activities (Anytime you want more practice):
· Text Connections 1 and Text Connections 2 on Apex if not completed yet
· Read a book of choice for 15-30 minutes per day
· Write a journal about daily activities or experiences from the year
· Z-Type to practice typing
Honors Supplement (These are “more practice”, but highly encouraged:
· Text Organization and Contextual Clues on Apex
· Read the novel Lord of the Flies (or another novel of choice) and complete a Book Review
· Write a review of Romeo and Juliet
· http://kagegifted.org/resources2020/ Find an activity that sounds fun on this site and complete it