Library Policy for checking out books
Rollings Middle School of the Arts Media Center has approximately 10,000 books. We are serving about 800 students, ages 10-14. Every book in our library cannot be appropriate for every student.
How many books may I check out?
- You may check out 2 books at a time.
How long may I keep a book?
- A book is checked out for two weeks and may be renewed if no one else wants to check it out.
Can I put a book on hold?
- Yes, ask Ms. Davis or Mrs. Edwards to place a book on hold for you or you may go to Destiny Quest, log-in using your student number, and you can put a book on hold. You may also check to see if you have any books checked out or find out when a book is due.
How much does it cost for a copy or to print from a computer?
- It cost .10 per page for a black and white copy or print.
How many computers are in the media center for student use?
- There are 12 computers designated for student use.
We have Nooks (ereaders) and Playaways (audio books) available for check-out. Must have a permission form on file in the media center.