EMPLOYEE BENEFIT INFORMATION
The following employees are eligible to participate in the state of South Carolina Employee Benefit Program administered through the Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA):
- Employee working a minimum of 30 hours per week in a permanent Full Time position.
- Permanent Part Time teachers working a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Employees that are identified as eligible through the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
If you have questions regarding your potential eligibility, please contact your benefits specialist.
Permanent Full Time employees, as well as any employee holding an active/inactive SCRS account, must enroll/contribute to one of the two plans offered through state employment. The plans offered are:
- South Carolina Retirement Systems Defined Benefit Plan (SCRS)
- Optional Retirement Defined Contribution Plan (ORP)
Employees will respond directly to the enrollment email sent by the Public Employee Benefit Authority Retirement Division. Failure to respond to your enrollment email notice will result in a default enrollment into the SCRS plan.