Dear Parents and Students,
Congratulations on choosing our Evening School Tutoring Only Program in addition to the day school program in order to be more successful. Participating in both events is quite a feat, but passing all courses to acheive graduation is the ultimate goal. Participating in both programs allows for students to receive tutoring in core subject areas, complete quarter recovery, work on missing assignments/test and make-up seat time for Dorchester County Career and Technology Center.
Please note that all ARHS school rules apply to Evening School. Disrespectful or disruptive behavior may result in dismissal from Evening School.
Please complete the application paperwork. A portion of this must be reviewed and signed off by the student’s school counselor (in addition to the parent and student signatures). You will be finished with Evening School when you have completed the course map your counselor has filled out for you. Work diligently to complete this coursework successfully.
We look forward to working with you this year. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Assistant Principal for Prevention and Intervention, 11th-12th
Ashley Ridge High School
(843) 695-4900 ext. 52015
Assistant Principal for Prevention and Intervention
Ashley Ridge High School
(843) 695-4900 ext. 52141
Karen Radcliffe, Principal
Evening School Rules and Regulations
- Class begins at 4:15. Students report to the labs at 4:05 with Mrs. Harmon before Evening School begins. NO STUDENTS MAY ROAM THE BUILDING. If students are found out of area, school policy will be followed to determine discipline results. If habitual tardiness becomes a problem, students will be dismissed from the Evening School program.
- Students will be withdrawn with a failing grade from Initial Credit courses after 10 unexcused Students should bring excuses as needed for absences.
- Class will run from 4:15 pm - 7:15 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Evening School will not operate on the scheduled half days throughout the year.
- All rides will pick students up from the front entrance. Parents MUST arrive on time for pick up. The student will be removed from the Evening School program if transportation does not arrive in a timely manner.
- If a student rides the Evening School bus, s/he must be consistent with attendance. Failure to attend Evening School and/or use Evening School transportation for two weeks (4 consecutive unexcused absences), will result in removal from the transportation list. Once removed, a student will need to reapply for transportation.
- All students have signed the Acceptable Use Policy for Dorchester District Two. Students will only be permitted to use websites that are necessary to complete coursework. NO OTHER SITES ARE TO BE IN USE. Per policy, students will be removed from Evening School program if continued abuse takes place.