How to Apply for a Substitute Teaching Position
- Click HERE to be directed to the AppliTrack web site.
- To start, choose “External Applicants” and “Start an application for employment”.
- Documents required: (these documents can be uploaded into your online application)
- A copy of your social security card. (Nothing will take the place of a social security card)
- A copy of your driver’s license or other photo I.D. (ID must be current/valid, i.e. not expired).
- A copy of TB skin test results on DHEC form D-1420 (must be within the last 12 months)
- A check or deposit slip from your bank which you should mark “VOID”. If you do not have checks, your bank can provide a substitute document.
- A copy of your teaching credential if applicable.
- Follow all instructions and SUBMIT your online application.
- Our substitute workshop is required for all candidates who do not hold a teacher certification credential. Contact the Summerville Adult Learning Center at 843-873-7372 to register.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Paula Cooper at 843-873-2901 ext#60086
- Prerequisites: Must possess a GED or High School Diploma. Proof of meeting the Educational Requirement must be shown in order to sit for the Substitute Workshop. Please bring this with you the day of or prior to the workshop to the Adult Education Center.
- Age Requirement: 21 with HSD/GED.
- Pass the required SLED background check.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Dorchester School District Two substitute teacher!