How to Apply for a Substitute Teaching Position
- Click HERE to be directed to the AppliTrack web site.
- To start, choose “External Applicants” and “Start an application for employment”.
- Documents required: (these documents can be uploaded into your online application)
- A copy of your social security card. (Nothing will take the place of a social security card)
- A copy of your driver’s license or other photo I.D. (ID must be current/valid, i.e. not expired).
- A copy of TB skin test results on DHEC form D-1420 (must be within the last 12 months)
- A check or deposit slip from your bank which you should mark “VOID”. If you do not have checks, your bank can provide a substitute document.
- A copy of your teaching credential if applicable.
- Follow all instructions and SUBMIT your online application.
- Our substitute workshop is required for all candidates who do not hold a teacher certification credential.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Paula Cooper at 843-873-2901 ext#60086
- Prerequisites: Must possess a GED or High School Diploma. Proof of meeting the Educational Requirement must be uploaded to your application under Supplemental Materials.
- Age Requirement: 21 with HSD/GED.
- Pass the required SLED background check.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Dorchester School District Two substitute teacher!