How to Apply for a Substitute Teaching Position
- Click HERE to be directed to the AppliTrack web site.
- To start, choose “External Applicants” and “Start an application for employment”.
- Documents required: (these documents can be uploaded into your online application)
- A copy of your social security card. (Nothing will take the place of a social security card)
- A copy of your driver’s license or other photo I.D. (ID must be current/valid, i.e. not expired).
- A copy of TB skin test results on DHEC form D-1420 (must be within the last 12 months)
- A check or deposit slip from your bank which you should mark “VOID”. If you do not have checks, your bank can provide a substitute document.
- A copy of your teaching credential if applicable.
- Follow all instructions and SUBMIT your online application.
- Our substitute workshop is required for all candidates who do not hold a teacher certification credential. Contact the Summerville Adult Learning Center at 843-873-7372 to register.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Paula Cooper at 843-873-2901 ext#60086
- Prerequisites: Must possess a minimum of GED or High School Diploma. Proof of education must be provided to the Adult Learning Center prior to attend the training.
- Age Requirement: 21 with HSD/GED. (Full time college students 18-20 are also eligible with proof of enrollment in at least 12 college credit hours and may sub only in Elementary Schools until the age of 21.)
- Pass the required SLED background check.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Dorchester School District Two substitute teacher!
Substitute Incentive Programs
Incentive to work on Fridays. Work 10 Fridays and receive a $100 bonus. It is possible to earn this incentive three times during the 2020-2021 school year! There are a total of 33 Fridays in the schedule. Note that subs are not required to work consecutive Fridays in order to qualify for the bonus. Additionally, a substitute can work either full or half-day assignments. Friday Bonus Form
Long Term Assignment Bonus
Substitutes who fill a long-term sub assignment are eligible for an additional $10 per day for the length of the assignment. Please note that a “long term assignment” is defined as an assignment of 15 or more continuous days for the same employee. Long Term Assignment Bonus Form
Please note that these two incentives can overlap each other.
See your school's payroll secretary for more information.
Substitutes will only be utilized during the Hybrid Model when students are in the building and the Face-to-Face Model. The eLearning Model will only utilize substitutes in Long Term situations.
Required Training for Returning Subs
BBP training is now required annually for all returning substitutes as well as new Certified substitutes. (Initial training is obtained in the Substitute Workshop) Please follow the instructions below to complete this requirement by September 30, 2020.
Self-Registration for New SafeSchools Accounts
How to complete the self-registration process:
- Click on the link below.
- Complete all the required fields.
- We recommend that you format your username as firstname_lastname. (In the event that your username is misplaced or forgotten, please contact Risk Management for assistance.)
- Select District Office as your location
- Click on the Register button to finalize the registration process.
Please do not complete the self-registration if you already have an existing SafeSchools account.
You are welcome to utilize any other trainings you feel would be beneficial.
Login. Scroll down to "View Library". Select "Health" and then "Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Prevention". Select the "Teachers & Administrators" version.
Note: No need to submit documentation to the district office.
In addition to the Bloodborne Pathogen training, please complete the eight (8) courses as listed on your homepage within SafeSchools. These will be required annually.
General Safety Orientation
- FERPA: Confidentiality of Records
- School Intruder
- Diversity Awareness: Staff to Student
- Slips, Trips, and Falls (Teachers and Admin)
- Hazard Communication: Right to Understand (GHS)
- Fire Safety
Note: No need to submit documentaion to the district office.
Upcoming Substitute Workshops
April 28, 2021
Registration Deadline – 12:00pm, Monday, April 26
May 12, 2021
Registration Deadline – 12:00pm, Monday, May 10
- Classes will be limited to 10 people per session to ensure proper social distancing guidelines can be followed.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entering the building with the knowledge that anyone with a temperature of 100.4 will not be permitted to attend.
Class Time: 9:00 - 3:00pm
Location: 1325-A Boonehill Road, Summerville
Contact the Summerville Adult Learning Center at 843-873-7372 to register