Applications can be accessed by clicking on the underlined scholarship. If you need help accessing any scholarships, please see your school counselor.
Admiral James B. Osborn Scholarship- April 17, 2020
- Applicants must be a high school senior accepted to a 2 year or 4 year post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must demonstrate:
- Scholastic proficiency
- Participation in extracurricular activities that benefit their school and/or community
- A familial relationship with a submarine qualified
- That the submarine qualified individual is a member of United States Submarine Veterans, Incorporated (USSVI)
- Must be a graduating senior from a Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester County high school.
AES Engineering Scholarship- October 5, 2020
- $500 award
- High school seniors planning to attend a post-secondary educational institution
Ainsley Perkins Memorial Scholarship- April 3, 2020
- Graduating senior of Ashley Ridge May 2020 graduating class
- Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education major
AIPIA Scholarship- January 22, 2020
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, (geographically and ethnically}, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed a strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
Ashley Ridge HS Booster Club Scholarship- Deadline extended to April 30, 2020
- Graduating senior of Ashley Ridge May 2020 graduating class
- Send in resume of all extracurricular activites for AR and community
- Essay (with no name on page)
- Active member of the AR Booster Club
- Send documents to Jocelyn Pryor at email@example.com
- Recommendation from coach emailed to Jocelyn Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Ridge HS PTSA Scholarship- April 3, 2020
- Graduating senior of Ashley Ridge May 2020 graduating class
- PTSA member in good standing
- Involvement in at least two school-based activities
B. Davis Scholarship- May 24, 2020
- Current high school juniors and seniors
- Essay: "Describe the three characteristics of leadership that you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual."
Big Sun Scholarship- June 19, 2020
- Current high school senior planning to attend a post-secondary institute
- Currently involved in sports at that institution or in the community
Camille Washington Scholarship- April 22, 2020
Established by the Charpia family, this $1500 scholarship is in memory of a remarkable woman Camille Washington. A Summerville native, Camille's father died early and her mother supported the family as a seamstress and as a domestic worker. Born in the Jim Crow era many doors were closed to African Americans and women. With determination, perseverance, and a strong work ethic Camille overcame many obstacles to become a manager with a Fortune 500 company.
- Be a female student who resembles Camille in spirit and circumstances
- Be accepted to a 2-year or 4-year college
- Recommended by a faculty member (must include letter of recommendation
- Essay describing the challenges or difficult circumstances endured or overcome
- All materials are due to Ms. Scott in the School Counseling Office by April 22, 2020
- $500 award
- Senior in high school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Full time student
- Must be a Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester County resident
- Double-Spaced Essay, Times New Roman font, no less than 450 words: "Why should I be selected for a scholarship? What is the most challenging aspect of attending college for me, and what have I done to overcome that challenge?"
- Mail application and essay to Post Office Box 62903, North Charleston, South Carolina, 29419
- For questions, contact email@example.com or Linda Miller at (910) 987-0289
Charleston Engineers Joint Council Scholarship- April 24, 2020
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a graduating high school senior of a Lowcountry area high school
- Be able to provide proof of acceptance into an engineering or technology curriculum at an accredited institution for higher learning. (This is NOT limited to 4 year programs of study and does include associate degree programs. e.g., Acceptance into Trident Technical College in one of their technology programs is valid.)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Cooke College Scholarship Program- November 13, 2019
- Graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2020
- Intend to enroll full time in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2020
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Receive standardized test scores of either an SAT Total Score of 1200 and above OR an ACT Composite Score of 26 or above
- Demonstrate unmet financial need. Consideration for applicants with family income up to $95,000
Coolidge Scholarship- January 2020
- Any high school junior who plans on enrolling in college in the fall of 2021
- American citizen or legal permanent resident
- Coolidge Scholars are selected based primarily on academic excellence.
Criminal Justice Scholarship Guide- various
Cruise Control Scholarship- Deadline extended until April 22, 2020
- Current senior
- Completed driver training at Cruise Control Driving School
- Must have been accepted to a 2-year or 4-year technical school
Dorchester Soil & Water Conservation Scholarship- April 17, 2020
- $500 to $1000 scholarship
- Current high school senior
- Planning to major in agricultural or environmental related field
Dorchester District Two Teacher Education Forum- March 6, 2020
- Award per two seniors at each District Two high school
- Dorchester District Two senior
- Planning to pursue a degree in Education
Education and Testing Solutions, LLC Scholarship- Deadline extended to May 1, 2020
- Current senior at Ashley Ridge HS, Fort Dorchester HS, or Pinewood Preparatory School, or Summerville HS
- Must be a 1st year college student at a 2-year or 4-year college in the Fall 2020 semester
Electric: Mobile Device IT Innovation Scholarship- November 1, 2019
- Any current or soon-to-be undergrad
- Has a passion for innovating in the mobile IT (software or hardware) space
- Students applying must submit an essay where you explain, present, inspire, or otherwise convince us about your great idea for a solution that could help the world with our ever-expanding usage of mobile devices and our collective needs to manage, secure, use and improve them.
Elk's National Foundation Legacy Awards- January 31, 2020
- Any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2017, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2017, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2020. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- Applicant must be a high school senior.
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship- November 5, 2019
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
Filipino Community Center Scholarship- April 15, 2020
- $3000 award
- Student of Filipino descent
- Accepted to an accredited school
- Essay: "Importance of Education"
Future Educator Scholarship- August 20, 2020
- Educator major
- $1000 award
- African American male
- Current high school senior
- Essay on what you have done to exemplify excellence through community service and how you plan to make an impact through service in the fu
Greater Summerville/Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce STEM Scholarship- Deadline extended to April 17, 2020
- Two $1000 renewable scholarships
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Financial need
- Plans to attend a 4-year college and study a STEM related major
Greater Summerville/Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce Technical Scholarship- Deadline extended to April 17, 2020
- Two $500 awards
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Financial need
Harry J. Wamboldt Scholarship for High School Seniors- May 30, 2020
- 3 awards ranging from $1000 - $1500
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA in high school
- South Carolina resident
- Planning to attend an accredited college or university to study Business, International Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Engineering or Science.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be under the age of 30
- Be enrolled in a 2 year or less career or technical degree/certificate program in Fall
- Demonstrate financial need; applicants must be Pell Grant eligible
- Minimum cumulative B average
- 500 word essay
James F Byrnes Foundation Scholarship- February 1, 2020
- $4500 annually for 4 years
- Have one or both parents deceased
- Be a United States citizen and a South Carolina resident
- Have need of financial assistance to attend college
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university
Joye Law Firm Scholarship- April 1, 2020
- Six $2000 awards
- Current graduating South Carolina high school senior
- Planning to attend a 4-year college or university
- Creative entry that raises awareness of a selected Personal Injury Matter
Kitty M. Fairey Educational Fund Scholarship- December 2, 2019
- Be enrolled in or planning to attend full-time an accredited college or university in the state of South Carolina
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 40 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Current high school or college student
- Coordinate a blood drive between June 1- August 31, 2020
- Form a recruitment committee and invite friends, family, and community to donate at your blood drive
- Collect 35 pints or more
Lowcountry Charter AFCEA Scholarships- March 6, 2020
- 5 to 10 awards of $3000
- Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester county high school seniors (public or private schools)
- United States Citizens planning to attend an accredited 4-year college or university
- Will pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field
Marine Corps League Detachment #803 Scholarship- June 15, 2020
- Current high school senior in Charleston, Berkeley, Colleton, or Dorchester JROTC or be a senior who is the child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a paid-up Detachment 803 member
- Complete a minimum of two years in JROTC by the time of graduation
- Have served a minimum of thirty documented hours of community service through JROTC by the time of graduation
- Have applied and been accepted to an accredited 2-year or 4-year degree granting college or university
- Essay: "The Role of the Military in the Development of the United States"
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation- March 3, 2020
- Children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen
- Pursuing a post-secondary education at any accredited school
Mayme B. Massey Memorial Scholarship- March 13, 2020
- Must be enrolled in an accredited high school in the trident region--Berkeley, Charleston, or Dorchester counties
- Must be able to meet the entrance requirements to attend an approved post-secondary institution
- Must have an overall 2.75 GPA or above
- Must have been accepted to attend a 4-year institution of higher learning
- Additional instructions can be found here
Meg Jenkins Memorial Scholarship- Deadline extended until April 22, 2020
- Must be a graduating senior of the Class of 2020 at Ashley Ridge High School
- Must use the scholarship to further his or her education beyond the high school level at any college, university, trade, technical or junior college
- Application and all supporting documents are due to Brooke Matthews no later than April 3, 2020.
National Co-Op Scholarship Program- February 15, 2020
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Apply for admission for the 2020-2021 academic year at institution(s) you select on the scholarship application
- Meet other merit scholarship criteria as established by the institution(s) selected on the application
Nina Neely Scholarship Essay Contest- March 12, 2020
- 1st Place: $1000, 2nd Place: $600, 3rd Place: $400
- Current graduating senior in 2020
- Essay: "Do you think an education is more important today than it was 20 years ago and why?"
Palmetto State School Counselor Association Scholarship- December 31, 2019
- Must be a high school senior attending a public or private secondary school in the state of South Carolina.
- Must be a permanent resident of the state of South Carolina.
- Must plan to attend a post-secondary institution during the 2020-2021 school year.
Pro Stock Hockey Scholarship- August 1, 2020
- US citizen
- Must attend an accredited college or university based in the USA
- Graduating high school senior from Berkeley, Charleston, or Dorchester Counties
- Essay: "What is the importance of voting?"
Robertson Scholarship- November 15, 2019
- Students must apply for undergraduate admission to Duke and/or UNC-Chapel Hill
- Students must apply to the school(s) of their choice by the respective Early or Regular deadlines.
- Students who have applied to the Morehead-Cain Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the Robertson at UNC-Chapel Hill, but they may apply for the Robertson at Duke.
Ron Brown Scholarship- November 1, 2019 (early deadline) or January 9, 2010 (regular deadline)
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically and exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application
Ruben Smith Scholarship- May 9, 2020
- Current senior in high school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester County resident
- Personal interview
SAME Charleston Post Scholarship- April 6, 2020
- Graduating high school senior or undergraduate college student.
- Must be a resident of Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester County, or be a member, spouse, or child of a member of the Charleston Post or member of the Citadel Student Chapter.
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or greater for high school and college.
- Accepted or confirmed enrollment in an accredited U.S. college/university or Trident Technical College 2+2 transfer program studying undergraduate engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study
Silver Pen Scholarship- February 14, 2020
- $2500, $750, and $500
- Personal Essay
- $500 award to recipient of Charleston County, Berkeley County, and Dorchester County
- Applicant must be currently enrolled as a high school senior in one of the following South Carolina Counties: Dorchester, Berkeley or Charleston
- Applicant must intend to major at an ABET accredited university in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field.
- Applicant must be able to provide proof of enrollment if chosen as a scholarship recipient for the upcoming academic year of 2020-21, starting in the fall.
- Applicant must not be receiving full funding from another organization.
South Carolina Junior Golf Foundation Scholarship Program- January 8, 2020
- Be a senior in a South Carolina high school
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale through the spring 2019 semester
- Be residents of South Carolina
- Have a competitive recreation interest in golf
- Recipients must attend an accredited public or private, four-year college or university located in South Carolina in the fall of 2020
South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers' Foundation Scholarship- February 21, 2020
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior in South Carolina.
- The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the applicant must have been a legal resident of South Carolina for at least one year.
- The applicant must have the recommendation of his/her principal, headmaster or guidance counselor.
- The scholarship recipient must attend college, university or technical school in South Carolina.
- The applicant must be of good moral character and reputation.
South Carolina State Fair Ride of Your Life Scholarship Program- March 15, 2020
- 50 awards of $6000
- Current South Carolina student
- Current senior in public or private high school or home school
- Planning to attend a public or private college, university, or technical college in South Carolina
Steinberg Law Firm Scholarship- April 6, 2020
- 5 awards of $1000
- Current South Carolina graduating senior
- Planning to attend a 4-year institution of higher education
- For more information click here
STEM Promise Program- March 1, 2020
- You must have a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher (or equivalent GED scores).
- You must be eligible for in-state tuition.
- You must place into College Composition (English 111) and Precalculus I (Math 161).
- You must have no more than 24 TCC credits.
- You must apply to Tidewater Community College and plan to enroll as a full-time student
Summerville Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Scholarship- February 21, 2020
- Four $1,000 scholarships to African American graduating seniors (one at each Dorchester County high school), who meet the scholarship requirements.
- One $1,000 award to ANY Dorchester County graduating senior who meets the scholarship requirements.
- One $500.00 award for any special needs student (identifiable by a current 504 plan or IEP) who meets the scholarship requirements.
Summerville Mayor's Committee Scholarships- Deadline extended to April 10th
- Resident of Berkeley or Dorchester County
- Current IEP, 504 Plan, medical evaluation if disability requires qualified professional, or psychological evaluation/re-evaluation within the last 3 years
1. Berlin G. Myers Scholarship- up to $3000
- Applicant must be a high school senior in his/her last year in school with plans for a 4 year post-secondary education/training.
2. Summerville Mayor's Committee Scholarships- Up to $5000 will be awarded
- Applicant must be either a senior in his/her last year of school OR an adult 18 or older who is currently enrolled in post-secondary institution
3. Alex Rosche Memorial Scholarship- $1000
- Applicant must be a senior in his/her last year of school with plans for post-secondary education/training
Team Charleston Spouses Club Scholarship Program- March 31, 2020
- High school graduate or hold a valid high school equivalent
- Must be accepted by an accredited institution of higher learning
- Must be the dependent of an Active Duty or Active Guard/Reserve U.S. military sponsor assigned or attached to Joint Base Charleston, the dependent of a deceased or retired member of the U.S. military forces residing in the Charleston area, or the dependent of an Active Duty or Active Guard/Reserve U.S. military sponsor residing in the Charleston area
- Must possess a valid U.S. military identification card
- Award of up to $250 to assist with tuition and book expenses in Fall 2020
- Must be a resident of Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester counties
- Must be enrolled in any program of study
- Must enroll in and maintain at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Email application to Healtherlyn.Grant@tridenttech.edu with the suject line "2020 Trident Techincal College General Scolarship Application"
- Enrolled in an associate degree program at TTC
- Plan to transfer to Clemson to major in certain STEM programs
- Have demonstrated financial need (shown by completing a FAFSA)
- US citizen
USDA National Scholarship- January 31, 2020
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Have been accepted for admission or currently attending one of the nineteen 1890 Historically Black Land-Grant Universities.
- Study agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, or other related academic disciplines
- Demonstrate leadership and community service
VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship- October 31, 2019
- Students in grades 9-12
- Record your original 3-5 minute (+ or – 5 seconds max.) essay on an audio CD or a flash drive.
We Are Their Voices Scholarship- March 31, 2020
- 5 awards of $500
- Current high school senior at Ashley Ridge HS, Fort Dorchester HS, Summerville HS, or Woodland HS
- Current GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Essay: "The Effects of Gun Violence"
- All essays must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women of Distinction Network Scholarship- February 8, 2020
- Applicant must attend a technical college or four year university
- Current US citizen and permanent South Carolina resident
- Complete application
- Personal essay
Zeta Phi Beta Founders-Centennial Scholarship- January 16, 2020
- Must be female senior student at a Title I high school or an International equivalent high school.
- Must be graduating in May (spring) of the award year and enrolling as a full-time student in an accredited college or university in the fall of the same year.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and demonstrate financial need.
- Community service and involvement is a plus
- Must be a graduating senior at one of the following high schools to be considered: Summerville, Fort Dorchester, Woodland or Ashley Ridge High School
- An official transcript from your high school
- Two typed current letters of recommendations