Free Flu Shots for Students
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is working with your school district to provide flu shots at your child’s school this fall. It is important that all children get vaccinated every year.
There will be no cost to you or your child for the flu shot at school. If applicable, payment from Medicaid will be made to DHEC on your behalf.
If you would like your child to get a flu shot at school:
- Go to http://www.scdhec.gov/slvcconsent using your smartphone, computer or tablet and enter  as your validation code.
- If you are not able to complete the online consent, complete the front of the attached form and return it to school within (5) days of receiving this letter.
If your child is under the age of 9, he or she may need to get a second flu shot for the best protection. You will be notified if your child will need a second flu shot.
If your child does not receive the flu shot at school, please contact your child’s healthcare provider or health department to get the flu shot.
Teresa A. Foo, MD, MPH, MBA
Medical Consultant, Immunization Division
Once you have returned the Parent Consent Form, please contact the DHEC Regional Immunization Office for your county before the scheduled vaccination clinic, if any of the following events occur:
- There are any changes in your child’s health.
- You decide you no longer want your child to receive the flu shot at school.
DHEC Regional Immunization Office Contact Information:
- Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, Jasper, and Orangeburg counties: (843) 953-0080.
- Aiken, Barnwell, Chester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lexington, Newberry, Richland, Saluda, York counties: (803) 602-2073.
- Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg, Union counties: (864) 596-2227 Ext. 246.
- Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Sumter, Williamsburg counties: (843) 413-6404.