Submit Your Tech Issue
Student Device Information (Handbook, Orientation Videos, Technology Support)
Inernet Access Resources
Responsible Use Agreement
School Based eLearning
Dorchester School District Two is now providing access to devices to all students in K-12th grades. Students will have the opportunity to extend their learning beyond the classroom by taking their device home in order to access instructional programs, files and schoolwork.
A district-issued device will be distributed following each school’s Student Device Deployment and Orientation.
K and 1: iPad
Grade 2: HP Stream Windows Laptop with Webcam
Grades 3-12: Dell Latitude 3190 Windows Laptop with Webcam
In order to receive a district-issued device and gain access to the district network:
- Parents will review the annual Parent Orientation video.
- Parents will complete and submit the 2020-2021 Online Registration form for their new or returning student.
- Parents will review and electronically sign the Technology Acceptable Use agreement available within the 2020-2021 Online Registration form.
- Parents will review and electronically sign they have reviewed and have access to a digital copy of the Student Device Handbook.
- Parents will submit the applicable Registration and Technology fees either online within the Online Registration form portal, by mail, or in person at the school site.
- Students will complete an annual student orientation at their assigned device deployment prior to receiving a district-issued device. As a part of the Student Orientation, students will watch a series of instructional videos and digitally sign to indicate they agree to follow the student device rules and procedures.
- Staff will review the Student Device Handbook with students at Student Orientation which outlines expectations for student use while providing both students and parents/guardians with procedures for appropriate use, care of, and security.
Student Device Handbook
The Student Device Handbook outlines expectations for student use, while providing both students and parents/guardians with procedures for appropriate use, care of, and security.
For more information or assistance, please contact your classroom teacher or school media specialist.