Library Program, Policies, and Procedures
Hours of Operation:
- The library media center is open from 6:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. on school days.
- Books are overdue after 1 week but can be renewed, if needed. If a book is overdue, nothing else may be checked out until the book is returned. Overdue notices will occasionally be sent home.
- If a book has been significantly damaged or is lost, library staff will send home a notice with the cost of the book to be replaced. The exact cost should be remitted to the library in cash or a check made out to SHES. This is to ensure that the library-bound edition can be ordered by the librarian for replacement.
- If fines are pending, students may checkout a book, but it must remain at school until fines are paid.
Student Behavior Policy:
- The behavior policy enforced in the library media center aligns with the SHES PBIS school-wide expectations. Students are encouraged to be good listeners, kind to books, and respectful of others in the library.
- During this time, K-2 video recorded lessons and read alouds can be found on SeeSaw.
- 3-5 live and/ or recorded lessons are provided by request.
Special News Show Segments:
- Be sure to tune into the Gnarly News Show for special segments regarding new books, reading incentives, First Chapter Friday, and more!
Virtual Media Center on Clever:
- Login to Clever to access this month's featured Virtual Media Center with read alouds and activities.