General Athletics Information
Oakbrook Middle School is proud to offer an athletic program, which we believe is an essential part of the total educational process, with three primary goals for our student-athletes:
- to develop cognitive and social-emotional skills that help them work cooperatively with others,
- to develop and improve personal sport skills and knowledge, and
- to be actively involved in enjoyable (fun) athletic experiences.
Dorchester District Two offers the following sports for 7th and 8th grade students:
*(Effective 2020-2021, all DD2 Middle School Football, Baseball and Softball
programs have been absorbed by the district's high schools.)
Our athletic program is a member of the South Carolina High School League and as such, all participants must meet all eligibility requirements.
All participants in the league must have been promoted from the previous year, not placed. (Students who pass all core and high school credit classes during the first semester of the year may be eligible for sports that start after the second semester begins.) All participants must remain in good standing during athletic participation, which includes passing all subjects. Student-athletes with discipline issues will be handled on a case-by-case basis. School suspensions may result in suspension from playing.
Participants must not have turned 15 prior to July 1, 2021.
Oakbrook Athletic Department must have received and approved the following items via planeths.com before a student may participate in any try-out, practice or activity:
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation History Form;
- Current Physical Examination Form;
- Parent Permission Form;
- Concussion Information Form;
- COVID-19 Waiver; and
- Birth Certificate.
- All forms must be properly completed and submitted via planeths.com.
- Insurance coverage is available through Bollinger Specialty Group