Basketball Tryouts Information
- Must be a 7th or 8th grade student in good academic standing;
- Oakbrook Athletic Department must have received and approved the following items via www.planeths.com before a student may participate in any try-out, practice or activity:
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation History Form;
- Current Physical Examination Form;
- Parent Permission Form;
- Concussion Information Form; and
- Birth Certificate.
- Must have a current physical on file (Dated on or after April 1, 2021); and
- Must not have turned 15 years old prior to July 1, 2021.
To be eligible for middle school athletics a student must:
- Comply to all SCHSL requirements;
- Pass all core and high school credited classes the semester prior to athletic participation; and
- Must remain in good standing during athletic participation, which includes passing all subjects and no discipline referrals.
Fall and winter athletic eligibility requires promotion to the next grade level, including passing all academic subjects (ELA/Reading & Writing, math, science, social studies) and including high school credited courses. Spring eligibility requires passing all academic subjects (ELA/Reading & Writing, math, science, social studies) and including high school credited courses.
Thursday, Nov. 4th (3:30-5:30pm)
Friday, November 5th (3:30-5:30pm)
Saturday, Nov. 6th (1:00-3:00pm)
The first team practice will be Monday, November 8th from 3:30-5:00pm with a parent meeting starting at 5:00pm after practice in Mrs. Oliver’s room.
Thursday, Nov. 4th (5:30-7:30pm)
Friday, November 5th (5:30-7:30pm)
Saturday, Nov. 6th (3:30-5:30pm)
The first team practice will be Monday, November 8th from 5:30-7:30pm.
All interested students must have current PlanetHS accounts with all needed documents uploaded no later than Tuesday, Nov. 2nd. Instructions for creating a PlanetHS may be found on the OMS General Athletics Information page. Physical forms may be obtained in the main office.
Thank you for your interest and support of Oakbrook Middle School Athletics. Good Luck and Go Eagles!
Boys' Head Coach Kenneth Brown
Girls' Head Coach Kerri Oliver