River Oaks Middle School is proud to offer an athletic program, which we believe is an essential part of the total educational process, with three primary goals for our student-athletes:
- to develop cognitive and social-emotional skills that help them work cooperatively with others.
- to develop and improve personal sport skills and knowledge, and
- to be actively involved in enjoyable (fun) athletic experiences.
Our athletic program consists of the following sports for 7th and 8th grade students:
- Our athletic program is a member of the South Carolina High School League and as such, all participants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- All participants in the league must have been promoted from the previous year, not placed. (Students who pass all core and high school credit classes during the first semester of the year may be eligible for sports that start after the second semester begins.) All participants must remain in good standing during athletic participation, which includes passing all subjects and no discipline referrals.
- Participants must not have turned 15 prior to July 1, 2019.
- River Oaks Athletic Department must have received and approved the following items via planeths.com before a student may participate in any try-out, practice or activity:
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation History Form;
- Current Physical Examination Form;
- Parent Permission Form;
- Concussion Information Form; and
- Birth Certificate.
- All forms must be properly completed and submitted via “Planet High School” (Please refer to the back of this handout for instructions on how to register for an account at planeths.com).
- Insurance coverage is available through Bollinger Specialty Group (bollingerschools.com).
- For more information or to access the above mentioned forms, please visit our website: roms.ddtwo.org
Student Athlete Eligibility Requirements
- In order for student athletes to be eligible for participation and competition the following items need to be uploaded to the South Carolina High School League online eligibility portal http://www.planeths.com.
- Medical History Form – this form can be uploaded or completed online and requires signatures from both a parent and the student-athlete.
- Pre-Participation Physical Form – this form is completed by a medical doctor and can be uploaded by scanning or taking a picture of it with your phone and requires a parent and student digital signature
- Parent Permission Form – this form is completed online requires a digital parent signature
- Birth Certificate – this document can be uploaded using a scanner or by taking a picture with your phone and requires a digital parent signature
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form – this form can be completed online and requires a digital parent and student signature