Members, please check your email to vote for the 2021-2022 PTA Board. If it is not in your inbox, please check your junk or clutter folders. Thank you!
Below is the list of the positions that we will be filling for our WRES PTA Board with position responsibilities.
- Chair all meetings of the PTA board and general PTA meetings
- Attend PTA trainings and represent the PTA unit at school district meetings
- Develop a calendar including dates of specific events. Include deadlines for reports, elections, awards applications and local, state, and national meetings.
- Plan with the principal and PTA board the goals for the work of the PTA and the programs for the coming school year.
- Lead the operations of the PTA unit in conjunction with the board
Vice President: (Can have two – Vice and Second Vice Pres.)
- Performing specific duties as provided for in bylaws (such as programs, membership, fundraising, etc.)
- Assuming responsibility for duties as provided for in the bylaws
- Representing the president in his/her absence or upon request at meetings, events
- Records minutes of PTA meetings, with special attention given to motions and action taken
- Maintains the records of the organization
- Sends out notices of meetings and other correspondence
- Maintains the financial records of the organization in accordance with PTA financial guidelines and the IRS
- Presents monthly financial reports of income and expenditures at all board meeting
- Manages the collecting and depositing funds of the PTA
- Prepares the budget with the president and other board members
- Writes checks for expenditures in accordance with the budget and approval of the board
- Oversees the year-end audit of the PTA account
2020-2021 PTA Board
President - Summer Peacher
Vice President - Candace Howze
Treasurer - Kathryn LaCoss
Secretary - Allysa Browning
Membership Coordinator - Cynthia Kozey
Reflections Chair - Sarah Carroll
Special Committees Coordinator- Jennifer DeCosta
Special Committees Coordinator - Fallon Lawson
Special Committees Coordinator - Rochelle Saxon
Heather Watts contact information: email@example.com or 843-695-2450