Ms. Gail Hughes, Chair
Mrs. Ashley Wimberly, Vice Chair
Mr. Justin Farnsworth
Mrs. Barbara Crosby
Mr. Evan Guthrie
Mrs. Kellie Bates
Mrs. Cynthia Powell
In Dorchester School District Two, seven board members are responsible for a general operating budget, approximately 3,000 employees, more than 25,000 students, and 26 schools and centers. Board members are elected to four-year terms and have responsibilities that include:
- securing money for operational needs and authorizing major expenditures
- determining budget priorities and building needs
- setting educational standards and goals
- reviewing and evaluating all phases of the district’s instructional program
- formulating and enforcing policies
Each member of the DDTwo Board of Trustees has pledged to uphold the ethical principles to improve education in their community.
Watch the livestream of Board meetings at https://www.ddtwo.org/live.
By the Governor's Proclamation, we celebrate and recognize our board during School Board Recognition Month.
Board members may also be reached by contacting the school board secretary, Lee Smith, at 843-873-2901, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 815 South Main Street, Summerville, SC 29483.