Phone: (843) 875-7012
Degrees and Certifications:
MA English- Morehead State University MS Education- Wilkes University SC GATE Endorsed
Mrs. Tiffany Dorris
I am a Yankee by birth, and a Southerner by choice! My family relocated to South Carolina in 2014 from Pennsylvania, and I am so glad we did! No more northern winters for us!
My husband and I have been married since 2007 and we have 4 children: Gabe, Brick, Lily, and Evyn who we welcomed into our family in 2019! I love being a mom and finding fun things to do with my kids. I always want to treat my students the way I would want teachers to treat my own children.
Teaching is my passion, and I strive to make my classroom a fun and exciting place. I have high expectations and a “tough love” approach with my students—there’s no sugarcoating here!
The best way to get in contact with me is through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ClassDojo.
When checking PowerSchool, please remember:
Checking PowerSchool regularly is the best way to stay informed about how you are doing in class and on top of your grades.
- You can click on the grade for language arts, and PowerSchool will display the assignments included in that grade.
- View details to see a description or a hyperlink to the document.
- If an assignment is marked “--” by the grade, the teacher has not yet entered the grade.
- If the assignment was not turned in (marked “M” for missing, "L" for late, and “0” for no grade earned), you can turn it in to the Late Tray for up to a week after the due date. If you were absent when it was originally due, please indicate it on the sheet.
- Assignments cannot be turned in more than a week after the due date.
- If an assignment is turned in late, please understand that it will be a few days (usually until the following Friday) before the grade will be updated.
- Classwork will not be accepted late under any circumstances. If I accidentally give a student a 0 for classwork and they were absent from class, please email me or speak to me in class and I will fix the grade.