Office 365 Student Access
Dorchester School District Two is pleased to provide all students in grades 1-12 access to Microsoft Office 365 for Education district wide. Microsoft Office 365 for Education will provide students anytime, anywhere access to the Microsoft Office Web Apps for Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote, as well as One Drive for document storage. These tools will enable students to collaborate on projects using any of the web apps. With Office 365, learning possibilities are limitless!
Students have access to:
Cloud Storage & Productivity Tools
- OneDrive: (1 TB of space) Ability to share files and collaborate with others
- Word: Create and edit documents
- Excel: Create and edit spreadsheets
- PowerPoint: Create and edit presentations
- OneNote: Online digital notebook
- Sway: Create and edit online digital presentations
- Forms: Create survey questionnaires and analyze responses
- Microsoft Office 2016: can install on up to 5 PCs/Macs and 5 mobile devices
- DD2 is not responsible for supporting the installation of Office on personal devices and users should do this at their own discretion/judgement.
All of the above can be accessed using any Internet connected device. There are apps available to download for iPads, iPhones, and Android devices (OneDrive for Business, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote).
Students should follow the steps below to access their Office 365 account:
1. Open a web browser. Go to https://portal.office.com
2. Login using provided username and password.
- Username: Student PowerSchool login/school computer login with @dorchester2.k12.sc.us added to the end (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Student PowerSchool password/school computer password
3. The Office 365 home page will open. This will show all the apps that are available to students. There will be instructions on the home page for how to install Office 2016 and how to get mobile devices setup.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your student’s use of the Microsoft Office 365 for Education account, please contact Patrick Dunn at email@example.com