DDTwo Virtual Academy
Office Hours: 8:30-4:30 pm
115 Devon Road
Summerville, SC 29483
Grades 4 and 5 - Low Country Virtual Website
Dorchester School District Two continues to finalize plans to transition to a face-to-face full time instruction model leading up to the second semester as health conditions allow.
As a part of the planning process, parents may request for their child to be considered for a mid-year enrollment or withdrawal from DDTwo Virtual Academy (100% virtual learning). Parents should email requests to DDTwoVA@dorchester2.k12.sc.us. You will receive a link to complete an online form to express your intent to enroll or withdraw your student.
Please submit any enroll/withdrawal questions to DDTwoVA@dorchester2.k12.sc.us.
In response to the needs of our community, Dorchester School District Two will offer a full-time Virtual Academy (DDTwoVA) for grades 4-12. Whether you are looking for an alternative to the traditional classroom during these uncertain times or a way to balance other scheduling concerns, the dynamic learning experiences available through DDTwoVA offer a viable option to meet the needs of your student(s). As a full-time online public 4-12th grade program, the DDTwoVA offers quality curriculum and instruction for all students enrolled in a Dorchester District Two school. It is important to note the following points about DDTwoVA:
- There is no additional cost other than the regular school registration fee and the new technology fee.
- Students must be enrolled in a DDTwo school.
- Students may enroll including those with an IEP, 504, GT, Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, etc.
- Students must attend live virtual (synchronous) classes on a daily basis with course specific certified teachers as well as scheduled personalized conferences.
- Students must complete independent (asynchronous) activities and assignments as assigned.
- Attendance will be taken for each class following state regulations.
- Students will follow the DDTwo instructional calendar.
- Students will participate in district, state, and national assessments.
- Students may participate in after school extracurricular activities in the school where they are enrolled with parents providing transportation to and from after school events.
- Fine Arts and other elective classes will be offered based on course requests.
- Students will be taught by state certified teachers. Depending on course requests at the high school level, teachers outside of DDTwo may be used (Dual Credit, ECPI, VirtualSC, etc).
- Full-year commitment:
- If a family requests a transfer back to a traditional instructional setting before or at the semester break (January), we will work for a mid-year transition, if appropriate space is available.
- Parents/guardians must create a work environment at home for their child so they can successfully learn virtually.
- Parents/guardians will be required to maintain open communication with teachers and staff.