On Wednesday, October 13, 2021, students are invited to participate in the PSAT being given here at Fort Dorchester High School.
Before testing begins, we want to share some information about the PSAT:
- Participation in the PSAT is good preparation and practice for students, allowing for the determination of potential areas of improvement.
- The PSAT is a shortened diagnostic version of the SAT designed to familiarize students with the format and content of the SAT. Test subjects are Reading, Writing, and Math, and are given in a multiple choice format (no essay). Calculators are allowed on all Math. The average test time for the PreACT is 2 hours, 25 minutes.
Logistical Information for Students and Parents
- Students invited to participate in the PSAT may either provide their own transportation, or utilize district buses.
- Students utilizing district buses to come to campus for the PSAT should follow their regular bus schedule.
- Buses will pick students up at their regular pick up time and location, and will transport students back home beginning at 2:00 PM.
- Car riders will be picked up from the front of the school in the car rider loop beginning at 2:00 PM.
- Students should bring
- Student ID/Drivers License
- No. 2 Pencils
- Snack/Water/Drinks (optional)
- Lunch (optional – students will be provided with school lunch upon dismissal)
- Students may begin reporting to the Main Lobby of Fort Dorchester High School at 9:15 AM on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 for check-in.
We’re truly excited to provide you with this opportunity. Thank you!