Additional Important Dates
2020-2021 Reporting of Grades
- Fourth Quarter
Interims: May 17-21
End of Quarter: June 16
Report Cards: June 16
2021 Graduation Information
- Friday, June 18, 2021
North Charleston Coliseum
Ashley Ridge High School - 9:30 a.m.
Summerville High School - 1:00 p.m.
Fort Dorchester High School - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 17, 2021
Ashley Ridge High School Auditorium
Dorchester County Adult Education Program - 6 p.m.
Ceremonies will be livestreamed at ddtwo.org/live. Limited/ticketed seating.
Locations may change if the health situation at the time dictates.
- Fourth Quarter
Approved 2021-2022 School Calendar
The Dorchester School District Two Board of Trustees unanimously approved the proposed 2021-2022 school calendar at the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees on Monday, March 8, 2021.The proposed calendar was developed by a calendar committee that included teachers, classified staff, administrators and parents. We appreciate the input provided by employees and parents during this process.
The following are highlights of the proposed calendar:
- The first day of school for students would be Monday, August 16th
- Labor Day Holiday: September 6
- Thanksgiving Holiday: November 24 through November 26
- Winter break: December 20 through December 31. Students would return to school on Monday, January 3.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday: January 17
- Presidents Day Holiday: February 21
- Spring Break: April 11-15
- Last day for students: May 27
- Teacher workdays are scheduled in conjunction with the end of each 9-week quarter.
- Designated make-up days for weather closures: October 22, February 18, March 18
- State law requires that all school districts schedule 180 instructional days.
Please note: The major holiday schedules for the 2021-2022 calendar are the same for all surrounding school districts.